TotalEnergies announced a successful oil and gas discovery with the Ntokon-1AX well on OML102 offshore Nigeria.
Located in shallow waters, 60 km off the southeast coast of Nigeria, the Ntokon-1AX discovery well encountered 38 m of net oil pay and 15 m of net gas pay, while its side-track Ntokon-1G1 encountered 73 m of net oil pay, in well-developed and excellent quality reservoirs. Ntokon-1G1 tested successfully up to a maximum rate of about 5,000 bbls/day of 40° API oil.
Located 20 km from the Ofon field facilities on OML102, Ntokon is planned to be developed through a tie-back to these existing facilities.
“The Ntokon discovery opens a promising outlook for a new tie-back development,” said Nicolas Terraz, President, Exploration & Production at TotalEnergies. “After the start-up of production of the Ikike tie-back on OML99 in 2022, this new success in the area further demonstrates the potential of nearby exploration to create value within our low cost, low emission strategy”.
OML 102 is operated by TotalEnergies EP Nigeria with a 40% interest, alongside partner NNPC with the remaining 60%.