Three Rally for Jobs events are planned for 1 September across the Lone Star State. The events aim at demonstrating to policy makers that the 9.2 million men and women whose livelihoods depend on the US oil and gas industry will suffer from pending job-strangling proposals in Washington.
The continuing deepwater moratorium puts 46,200 jobs at risk, as well as wiping out to as much as $500 million in potential government revenue in 2011, according to the American Petroleum Institute.
The three 1 September events are planned for:
- George R Brown Convention Center, Houston;
- American Bank Center Conventions Center, Corpus Christi;
- Beaumont Civic Center.
All three events begin at 11 am.
The theme of the rallies is “Jobs, not Taxes.”
Subsequent rallies are planned for:
- Canton Memorial Civic Center, Canton, Ohio at noon on 7 Sept;
- McGee Park, Farmington, New Mexico, 11 am, 8 Sept;
- Pipefitters Training Center, Mokena, Ill, 11 am 8 Sept;
- City Market, Grand Junction, Colo, 11 am, 11 Sept.
For more details, go to www.rallyforjobs.org.