The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) announced the winners of the 2022 Spotlight on New Technology Award. This award is presented to OTC exhibitors who are revolutionizing the future of offshore energy through technological advancement and innovation. A total of 14 technologies – half of which are produced by small businesses – were recognized this year for their breakthrough hardware and software technologies.
Award recipients selected based on the following criteria: novelty in the marketplace; level of innovation; demonstrated success; broad commercial appeal; and ability to make a significant impact across the offshore industry.
“Every year, OTC receives hundreds of award submissions showcasing remarkably impressive and groundbreaking technological advancements in the offshore energy sector,” said Paul Jones, Chair of the OTC Board of Directors. “The companies awarded today represent some of the most innovative and advanced technologies around, which we trust will shape and transform the industry for years to come.”
2022 Spotlight Winners
- Bosch Rexroth, producer of SVA R2 – The world’s first electric subsea valve actuator with safety by springs, as compact as hydraulic actuators;
- Expro, producer of Galea – autonomous well intervention system;
- Oil States Industries, producer of Oil States MPD and riser gas handling system;
- Oil States and TotalEnergies, producers of 15K high pressure, high temperature (HPHT) riser system for subsea drilling applications in shallow water;
- R3 Environmental Systems, producer of vacuum assisted pure oil recovery technology;
- Schlumberger, producer of ReSOLVE iX extreme-performance instrumented wireline intervention service; and
- Schlumberger, producer of autonomous directional drilling/
2022 Spotlight Small Business Winners
- ClampOn, producer of ClampOn subsea flow temperature monitor;
- CoreAll, producer of CoDril;
- HYTORC, producer of MXT+ hydraulic torque wrench;
- HYTORC, producer of HYTORC Connect software app;
- Rocsole, producer of ROCSOLE intelligent level detection and data analytics for sand management;
- Subsea Shuttle, producer of Subsea Shuttle; and
- Aquatec Group, producer of KINEKtron.