DDR Plus V2.0 released for final comment
IADC has issued V2.0 of the DDR Plus for final comment, after receiving and considering wide-ranging input from across the industry over the past eight months since V1.0 was launched earlier this year.
Among the major changes are:
- Main Codes 21, 22 and 23 are now “Other” which can be used for any user-defined operations.
- Nonproductive time was moved from Main Codes to a Sub-Activity Code.
- Run/Retrieve Riser Equipment and “Surface Testing” moved from Main Codes 21/22 to 31/32.
- “Operating Status” moved from Main Code 25 to Main Code 33.
- “Safety” moved from Main Code 26 to Main Code 34.
- “Well Control” moved from Main Code 27 to Main Code 35.
- Thorough vetting and consolidation of subcodes.
IADC paper DDR Plus tour sheets will also be updated by January 2020 to match the electronic IADC codeset. New fields have been added for:
- Spud Date/Time,
- Rig Release Date/Time
- Pause Date/Time
- Resume Date/Time
- TD (Total Depth) Date/Time
- Fuel Used
- Fuel on Hand.
The fields have been slightly re-arranged to group corresponding codes more efficiently together.
The work has been completed by the IADC Drilling Control Systems (DCS) Subcommittee under the purview of the IADC Advanced Rig Technology (ART) Committee. The group aims to keep the DDR Plus as an evergreen document, with annual surveys conducted to identify changes that may be required as the industry and its technologies evolve.
The new codeset and a mockup of the revised print tour sheet can be viewed online at ddrplus.iadc.org. Comments should be submitted no later than 30 November 2019, either via the website or e-mailed to email@example.com.