Lexicon Launch R.S.V.P.
Secure your early invitation to the IADC Lexicon Launch!
The IADC Lexicon Project is being developed with the intent of providing a forum for critical review and analysis facilitating a better understanding of terms that are used in relation to drilling operations, particularly those that are used for regulatory purposes.
IADC views this living document as a continual work in progress. IADC will use, and hopes that others will use, the information provided in the IADC Lexicon Project to influence, improve, and where appropriate standardize, the use of terminology in legislation, regulations and standards.
The information with which the website was initially populated was drawn from a wide variety of sources that can be broadly categorized as:
- Legislation – Definitions drawn from the enactments of a legislative body of a government
- Regulations – Definitions drawn from a rule or order issued by an executive authority or regulatory agency of a government
- Regulatory Guidance – Definitions drawn from non-legally binding guidance issued by an executive authority or regulatory agency of a government
- Global Standards – Definitions drawn from material that has been developed and approved by a standards developing organization that enjoys widespread international recognition
- IADC Guidelines – Definitions drawn from material that has been developed and approved by the International Association of Drilling Contractors