IADC/SPE Asia Pacific Drilling Technology Conference calls for papers
Paper abstracts are being solicited for the 2012 IADC/SPE Asia Pacific Drilling Technology Conference, 9-11 July 2012 in Tianjin, China. This marks the first time the event will be held in China. The deadline for submitting a 300-word paper proposal is 8 November 2011, and authors will be notified of paper acceptance in January 2012. Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts online.
The theme of the biennial conference is “Catching the Unconventional Tide: Winning the Future Through Innovation.” The Technical Program Committee is seeking paper topics that will explore not only the technical challenges facing the drilling sector but also HSE, security, human resources, business and social challenges, and drilling lessons learned. Technical categories include:
- Completion and workover;
- Case histories;
- Directional drilling systems;
- Downhole equipment;
- Drilling and completion fluids;
- Drilling equipment;
- Drilling problems and solutions;
- Drilling rigs;
- Health, safety, security and environment;
- Information technology;
- Special drilling operations;
- Well intervention;
- Zonal isolation; and
- Unconventional gas.
Abstract requirements are:
- The proposed paper must contribute to petroleum technology or be of immediate interest to the oil and gas industry;
- Data in the proposed paper must be technically correct;
- The substance of the proposed paper must not have been published previously in trade journals or other professional or technical journals;
- The proposed paper must be written in a style that ensures the proposed paper will not be commercial in nature;
- The proposed paper must have necessary clearance before submission. Any problems concerning clearance should be outlined when the proposed paper is submitted; and
- The proposed paper must be written in English.